Why this list is borkity bork bork bork, by DTWPS.1. The world is trying to keep you stupid. From bank fees to interest rates to miracle diets, people who are not educated are easier to get money from and easier to lead. Educate yourself as much as possible for wealth, independence, and happiness.“Educate yourself as much as possible.” Well, it SOUNDS easy, but how would you suggest going about finding this information when you admit the world wants to keep us stupid?
2. Do not have faith in institutions to educate you. By the time they build the curriculum, it’s likely that the system is outdated– sometimes utterly broken. You both learn and get respect from people worth getting it from by leading and doing, not by following.
This is incredibly vague. Are you saying “hang around people” to get education?
3. Read as much as you can. Learn to speed read with high retention. Emerson Spartz taught me this while I was at a Summit Series event. If he reads 2-3 books a week, you can read one.
I’m sure everyone has time to learn to speed read with high retention from Emerson Spartz and a Summit Series event.
4. Connect with everyone, all the time. Be genuine about it. Learn to find something you like in each person, and then speak to that thing.
What if you have autism or anxiety/panic disorders? PTSD? Past abusive history?
5. Don’t waste time being shy. Shyness is the belief that your emotions should be the arbitrators of your decision making process when the opposite is actually true.
I didn’t realize personalities could change so simply.
6. If you feel weird about something during a relationship, that’s usually what you end up breaking up over.
7. Have as much contact as possible with older people. Personally, I met people at Podcamps. My friend Greg, at the age of 13, met his first future employer sitting next to him on a plane. The reason this is so valuable is because people your age don’t usually have the decision-making ability to help you very much. Also they know almost everything you will learn later, so ask them.
lol I’m sorry but your friend Greg got extraordinarily lucky and was undoubtedly white. This does not and will not happen for 99% of people. And what the fuck is a Podcamp? I hope it’s free, cause…
8. Find people that are cooler than you and hang out with them too. This and the corollary are both important: “don’t attempt to be average inside your group. Continuously attempt to be cooler than them (by doing cooler things, being more laid back, accepting, ambitious, etc.).”
9. You will become more conservative over time. This is just a fact. Those you surround yourself with create a kind of “bubble” that pushes you to support the status quo. For this reason, you need to do your craziest stuff NOW. Later on, you’ll become too afraid. Trust me.
Actually, I am infinitely less conservative now than I was both 10 and 5 years ago. So…
10. Reduce all expenses as much as possible. I mean it. This creates a safety net that will allow you to do the crazier shit I mentioned above.
And how should one do that?
11. Instead of getting status through objects (which provide only temporary boosts), do it through experiences. In other words, a trip to Paris is a better choice than a new wardrobe. Studies show this also boosts happiness.
This might work for someone who lives near Paris, but for the rest of us, a wardrobe is much cheaper, thanks.
12. While you are living on the cheap, solve the money problem. Use the internet, because it’s like a cool little machine that helps you do your bidding. If you are currently living paycheck to paycheck, extend that to three weeks instead of two. Then, as you get better, you can think a month ahead, then three months, then six, and finally a year ahead. (The goal is to get to a point where you are thinking 5 years ahead.)
Use the internet to what? You do realize the definition of living paycheck to paycheck, right? It means that you cannot afford to hold out one paycheck an extra week, and certainly not a month or two or three years. I’m sure you’re talking about people who spend money rabidly for things they don’t need, rather than people ACTUALLY living check to check.
13. Learn to program.
And where will one find a good teacher and the time to learn to program well?
14. Get a six-pack (or get thin, whatever your goal is) while you are young. Your hormones are in a better place to help you do this at a younger age. Don’t waste this opportunity, trust me.
I’m sure this is everyone’s goal.
15. Learn to cook. This will make everything much easier and it turns food from a chore + expensive habit into a pleasant + frugal one. I’m a big Jamie Oliver fan, but whatever you like is fine.
While eating out is more expensive, I don’t understand how it’s a chore. In fact, the reason most low cost homes don’t cook much and work off the dollar menu is because cooking is such a chore.
16. Sleep well. This and cooking will help with the six pack. If you think “I can sleep when I’m dead” or “I have too much to do to sleep,” I have news for you: you are INEFFICIENT, and sleep deprivation isn’t helping.
This may be the only truly decent one on the list.
17. Get a reminder app for everything.Do not trust your own brain for your memory. Do not trust it for what you “feel like” you should be doing. Trust only the reminder app. I use RE.minder and Action Method.
Save money, but have a smartphone that allows you to use apps. HUH.
18. Choose something huge to do, as well as allowing the waves of opportunity to help you along. If you don’t set goals, some stuff may happen, but if you do choose, lots more will.
19. Get known for one thing. Spend like 5 years doing it instead of flopping around all over the place. If you want to shift afterwards, go ahead. Like I said, choose something.
I guess this one is okay.
20. Don’t try to “fix” anyone. Instead, look for someone who isn’t broken.
okay, this is at least common sense…
Written by: Julian Smith inoveryourhead.net
Three out of twenty, Julian, that’s not too good.
so which white person wrote this
right? and they’re telling you to budget ahead and the only tip they have on how to do this is “use the internet”.
FUCK YOU ROUND EYE
I’m sorry, but #16 is bogus. Not everyone is able to sleep #insomniacs# and its unfair to call them ‘inefficient’ for it.
As for #19, there’s a lot of people out there who would like to do the thing they love but their race/sexuality/gender/financial circumstances/life may make it harder for them to achieve their goals
save money but take a trip to Paris in the meantime though
white middle class people and their ‘advice’. iCan’t.
- tsxo likes this
- yourparentsjust likes this
- vvvlvvv likes this
- sailorsylvie likes this
- psychedelicbarbie reblogged this from memoriesrecorded
- psychedelicbarbie likes this
- kademmajeed likes this
- memoriesrecorded reblogged this from feiriburu
- feiriburu reblogged this from fioluna
- feiriburu likes this
- iwantchangeeee likes this
- fioluna reblogged this from sweetlikecinna
- 0812mciv likes this
- supersadsuperman reblogged this from thinkersunite
- smidgetz likes this
- liriah likes this
- itsnapoleonbitch reblogged this from drhanniball
- twoshotsofhappyoneshotofsad likes this
- sourironwolf likes this
- drhanniball reblogged this from sugarelixir
- hematiterings likes this
- smilea likes this
- giantslive likes this
- cksaul reblogged this from sharlalianne
- goddamngeckogirl likes this
- realest-1 likes this
- realest-1 reblogged this from august-21st
- sieatsea likes this
- lettuceking likes this
- p0ivys0n likes this
- sixthlion likes this
- jannybaby likes this
- puurpl3 likes this
- saintpastsinnerfuture likes this
- allthtnthnsm likes this
- parental-advisory-needed reblogged this from august-21st
- august-21st reblogged this from thechanelmuse
- apupinnc reblogged this from braioch
- braioch reblogged this from edubness
- edubness reblogged this from mybeautiful-distraction
- hightidehaven reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau
- goldeneye005 likes this
- mybeautiful-distraction reblogged this from hearts-alive
- keepcalmandkickback likes this
- habeebev reblogged this from thechanelmuse
- brklynbrnn3rd likes this
- ministryofdolls likes this
- leftsright likes this
- binaizza reblogged this from frosthater