“There are no such things as divine, immutable or inalienable rights. Rights are things we get when we are strong enough to make good our claim to them.”
ok helen but you rong, doe
is it me or is this a disabled white woman being ableist as fuck?! among other isms.
if you dont have immutable rights unless you can fight for them….then i guess alot of people who literally CANNOT fight should be content w their ever oppressed status?
and i guess unless black folks *fought* to be freed, they wouldnt deserve to have rights?
humans are humans from the day theyre born. that includes immutable, inalienable human rights whether you can fight for them rights or not.
unless she was bein facetious
I don’t know much about this woman but if this is what she said then that’s shitty.
y’know, this is the one thing that irks me about marginalised people who get a chance to be on the same stage as the dominant group.
They immeditely decide to shit on those who aren’t so lucky to be where they are.
they say offensive bullshit like ”well if I can do it, so can you!” which is basically what that quote boils down to.
what they should be saying is “wow Im lucky to be on this platform but I realize Im one of the very few from my marginalized group to actually achieve this, I wonder why a lot of us are being restricted by the dominant group from getting to this spot??”
It’s like they refuse to see the bigger picture of everything and think they were literally the first person from their marginalized group to want to achieve stuff, jesus christ.They would much rather say pseudo-philosophical crap that dismisses the very real struggles of thousands of people.
- sophiaphilia reblogged this from queerhairyvag and added:
- snacktopia likes this
- chauvinistsushi reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- mamitah reblogged this from nezua and added:
- mamitah likes this
- 2foxb likes this
- isnobueno reblogged this from nezua and added:
- phossyjaw likes this
- katniss-everbeans likes this
- bad-dominicana reblogged this from nezua and added:
- nezua reblogged this from bad-dominicana and added:
- seaoftinyflames reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- limchoylee likes this
- savanna likes this
- youfelinedevil likes this
- la-lutte said: if girl wasn’t lucky enough to be born in a family w/ access to a dedicated tutor, she would be dropping no quotes whatsoever. eugh.
- reinsurreccion likes this
- custom-eyez reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- custom-eyez likes this
- grasstomyknees likes this
- exallamsehtfes likes this
- queerhairyvag reblogged this from bad-dominicana and added:
- blackfoxx said: damn i dont even know. its like you would have to see her face when she said it lol. it could be hella sarcastic and facetious or she coulda been dead as serious and literal lol….
- raspberryfeministbarbie said: srsly wat so babies dont have human rights? last time i checked they cant fight for themselves :/
- lexmix likes this
- bezdan likes this
- applebutterbomb likes this
- bad-dominicana posted this